You're invited to a private DSAF event, open to individuals with Down syndrome of all ages and their families to help us celebrate a great year and the holidays with our DSAF family. We hope you will join us for this member-favorite!
The Annual Holiday Party is Saturday, December 7 from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. at Firespring (located at 1201 Infinity Court Lincoln, NE 68512 CLICK FOR MAP).
It's FREE to attend and a light meal will be provided.
Special visit by a plump and bearded man and entertainment provided by local choirs!
Volunteers will be on-hand to lend a hand.
Your registration is appreciated!
For those of you who are not aware, Firespring very graciously allows DSAF (and other local non-profit organizations) to use their facilities free of charge. This is a HUGE savings and we are truly fortunate to have such a wonderful place in which we may gather together. We encourage you to give Firespring some love whenever you have a chance--especially via social media!
Unfortunately, due to unfortunate events and added liabilities, our hosts have passed along some new usage policies. I thought it might be easier on everyone if I gave you a "heads up" now vs. springing it on the kids as they walk in on Saturday, especially the kids who have previously attended who will be looking forward to these amenities.
The bad news:
- The pool table and ping pong table will NOT be available for play (new rule)
- As usual, the shuffle board table will be covered
- As of now, the slide is off-limits
The good news:
Please email Dawna with any questions at email@example.com
- The many games/toys located on the shelves in the lounge area (aka Firepit) may still be enjoyed
- Live music and performers will be on hand to to sing and dance to while you wait your turn to sit on Santa's lap
- We will be serving a yummy breakfast buffet, complete with gluten free options
- Please feel free to get your picture taken with Santa and be sure to give your name/address to the volunteer, so we may mail the keepsake photo to you
- Santa's helpers (i.e. college-age student volunteers) will be on-hand to assist with kiddos! They will be prepped to watch exits, hold food plates, help with potty breaks, and generally run around at your child's beck and call. Please feel free to utilize their services.